Transferring photos from one phone to another is most often needed when you buy a new smartphone and want all the photos to be saved on the new device. Another reason is to share photos with friends. The usual way to do this is through social networks, but sending in messages cuts down on the quality of the photos. Another reason for sending photos in large quantities is professional work, which involves sharing /files with a partner or customer. So how to share a photo without loosing quality?
Ways to send photos :
Through the cloud Dropbox
This is a very useful tool to store and transfer photos. Especially when you need to transfer many photos at once, cloud storage becomes the most convenient and fastest way.
Step-by-step instructions on how to transfer photos from Android to Android:
- Install Dropbox on your smartphone through Google Play.
- Log in through your Google account, Apple or register using email, come up with a password.
- Give the service access to the photos and video /files in your smartphone memory.
- Upload the photos to the cloud.
Automatic synchronization between the cloud and your smartphone can be set up with another application, Cloudpipes, that works in tandem with Dropbox.
To transfer a photo to another person's smartphone, you do not need to send them a file. You can share a photo in the app and send him a link. He will go to that link, open the photo, and download it to his device if necessary.
Through the Google Photos application
This is a cloud storage from Google that is always pre-installed on your smartphone. You can access the service from your computer or from another phone by entering your Google account password.
To use the service:
- Install the Google Photos app through Google Play if it was previously uninstalled or not pre-installed.
- Open it.
- Select in which quality you want to save your photos. The most sensible choice is "Original", this way your photos will not lose any quality to the compression. Google has enough space for free storage - 15 GB. If you like you can increase the size of the cloud, if this is not enough.
- Enable auto-saving.
Done, now all the photos will be saved in one place. A new picture takes anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to upload to the cloud. You can also download the picture yourself if you need it urgently:
- Select a photo.
- Click "send".
- Select Google Photos from the list of suggested options.
If your smartphone gets broken, lost and you have to replace it with a new one, all the photos will still be in the cloud. The photos could be accessed with any device, the main thing is to have access to your Google Account.
To transfer the pictures from the old phone to the new one, you have to:
- Go to the application on the new device.
- Select a photo.
- Press the menu button in the right top corner.
- Select the option "Download".
The photo will be loaded in the smartphone and you can view it through the Gallery. In this way you can download the photo to your new Smartphone. If you want to send the photo to a friend, just access and share the file.
The Photosync application
A new service from Touchbyte, works on different devices and with different operation systems - suitable for Android and iOS, Windows PC and Mac.
The application allows to transfer photos between smartphones, computers, tablets. The prerequisite for this is that Photosync has to be installed on both devices. In addition both devices should be connected to each other by Bluetooth or have the same WI-FI network.
How to use this service for Android:
- Download the application PhotoSync - Transfer Photos from Google Play //play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchbyte.photosync&hl=ru≷=US
- Open it.
- Give the application access to the multimedia /files.
- All the photos from the phone are automatically copied to the cloud and displayed on the screen.
- Go to the service from another device and save photos from the cloud
The pros of the application are the ability to move photos to the cloud very quickly, the design is visually appealing. Cons - all interface is in English. Synchronization and automatic copying of new photos in this cloud is paid. The user has only a 7 days free trial period to evaluate the service and understand if the subscription is worth renewing or not.
Wondershare MobileTrans is a backup and restore program to transfer /files between smartphones. The utility is fast and easy to use, with a single click you can perform the required action on your device data.
The program is designed to transfer photos quickly from one phone to another, and they do not have to be Android-based. It is possible to transfer data between devices with different operating systems. This is a great advantage when the user has decided to switch to a new phone and needs to transfer all the data.
Benefits of this utility:
- In addition to the photo sharing the program will help share your messages, contacts and call history.
- The program supports the Russian language interface.
- All /files can be loaded by USB cable or wirelessly.
An additional MobileTrans feature is the backup that saves all the data. In doing so the smartphone can be deleted from the smartphone bringing it back to the initial state of a new phone (backup). This useful feature could be useful for those who are going to sell the phone.
Copy photos from phone to PC, then back to the phone
This method requires a USB cable, a PC or laptop and both the sending and receiving phones. This way to transfer the android photos becomes an alternative when you have no internet connection and the photo has to be transferred urgently.
How to do it:
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB.
- The computer recognizes the phone as external storage device.
- The PC proposes the options to set the synchronization, to copy the /files to the hard disk or to simply open the folder with the media /files.
- Select the option to open the folder or to copy everything at once.
- If autorun is not configured, you should search manually - in "My Computer" you have the list of external devices. Here you find the phone model and double click.
- The DCIM folder contains the photos taken with the phone camera.
- Open it and save the desired photos to the PC.
- Second smartphone and copy the photos to it.
The drawback of this method is that it takes more time than the wireless methods. The disadvantage might be that you need both smartphones at the same time.
The messenger Telegram is a nice alternative to the cloud photo storage. Besides the usual sending of pictures in messages and chats, you can send pictures to yourself thanks to the "Favourites" function.
To send pictures to the cloud:
- Go to Telegram
- Open the menu
- Select "Favourites"
- The chat opens, with contents not visible to anyone but the account owner.
This is your personal space where you can save pictures from your correspondence with your friends and colleagues, and even download pictures directly from your smartphone. Similar to cloud storage, Telegram will save all the /files you add to your Favorites. When you need to switch phones, just sign in to your account and save the photos.
Another way to help you transfer your data from your phone to your phone without using the internet is via Bluetooth. The drawback is the same as the PC transfer, it is slow and both devices have to be near to each other.
How to do it:
- Lower the upper menu bar on the smartphone (slide the screen up and down to open the settings).
- Press the Bluetooth icon to activate it.
- Select a photo from the gallery, press to transfer the file.
- From the list of transfer methods choose Bluetooth.
- Select the device to which you wish to transfer.
- Press send.
The second telephone must be bluetooth enabled too. You have to confirm the reception of the picture in the opened window, only after that the file will be downloaded to your smartphone. When the sending is finished, the system will send a notification.