The MAPS.ME navigator is available free of charge for the Android platform. In its work it uses free OpenStreetMap maps, respectively, it provides excellent detail and up-to-date updates for cities, countries around the world.
In addition to Android, the Maps.me application supports iOS, Blackberry and Kindle Fire. The characteristic feature of this navigator is the possibility of autonomous operation without an Internet connection. However, to do this, you must first download OSM maps into the memory of the mobile device. In contrast to Google Maps and other free navigators, some cities (and therefore offline maps) are more detailed + take up slightly less space.
Main features of maps.me
This application contains a large map base and may help you to plan any route. Even if you do not have internet access, thanks to MAPS.ME you do not get lost anywhere.
The application helps to plot the shortest way from your current location to the one you prefer. In order to do this you need to:
- select your country;
- find a city or a settlement;
- find a map.
You can set the app to guide you step by step to where you are on the map.
Conserve battery power
The battery will be more economical since you are not connected to the network.
Hot excursion guides
You do not need to waste your time looking for information about a trip: the application suggests the most interesting and popular destinations.
You will not forget about the places you like if you make a bookmark. And next time you will be able to go there with your friends.
- The application does not require Internet;
- Detailed explanations with graphical support;
- A convenient and clear interface that does not require additional explanations.
- frequently lost settings after updating;
- lags start slowly on some models (like Nokia 5).
This application is useful for those who are very active or often on business trips.
- build navigation routes for automobiles, bicycles as well as footpaths, between user selected start and destination points
- find buildings, house numbers, organisation names (also on off-line maps)
- add routes in KML format
- use as a reference (reading the description of objects on the map)
- use voice navigation
- user can make corrections in existing maps, edit them via maps.me
The application is free to download via Google Play. After installation you can download offline maps to your phone by selecting the desired city.