Taking a screenshot on Samsung brand mobile devices is quite easy, there are many quick capture options. Let us provide you with the basic methods suitable for the following models of phones and tablets:
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, S8, S9, S10;
- Samsung Tab 3;
- Samsung A3, A5;
- Samsung J1, J3, J5, J7;
- Samsung Duos.
The main ways to take a screenshot:
- With the Screenshot application
- Standard method for Samsung devices
Use the Screenshot application
Most of the modern gadgets are equipped with the Android operating system. Take a screenshot of your Android screen with the Screenshot app, you can download it from Google Play or here:
The Screenshot app makes your screenshot easy and saves your time - at least according to the developers of Geeks.Lab.2015..
The algorithm for capturing a screenshot on a Samsung using this utility is as follows:
- Define the path to save the image (Photo Path option).
- Capture the screenshot (press the power and volume button).
- Open the image to verify the result.
Now that you know how to take a screenshot on your Samsung phone using the Android app, all you need to do is to understand the advanced features of Screenshot and find the saved picture on your phone. Normally all images are saved in the Gallery.
In addition to saving screenshots, this application contains an image editor. This on its turn allows:
- Add screenshots to mosaic images;
- Edit an existing screenshot;
- Insert text in the screenshot;
- Edit images.
Where are the screenshots on Samsung and how to view them
On devices where the Android 4 OS version is installed.4 and higher the best way to view your screenshots is through the "Gallery" application.
- Open the "Gallery",
- Select the directory "Albums", within this directory there is another folder called "Screenshots".
- Save a screenshot to your Dropbox / Google Drive cloud or send to another service, use the "Send" or "Share" option.
In some older versions of Android / Samsung devices you may need to access the screenshots you have taken:
- From the main screen you navigate to the application named "Photos", open it.
- Then click on the menu icon and select the "On Device" option.
- The next step is to navigate to the "Screenshots" section. The pictures captured are located here.
The standard way to capture screenshot on Samsung (hardware keys)
1. First, press "Power" + "Home" buttons simultaneously. This will display a screenshot icon on your screen.
In fact, this is the easiest way to quickly take a screenshot; it works on most phones and tablets of the specified brand.
Tip. How to clamp the Power button
The power button works even if you pair it with volume down. To take a screenshot on the Samsung, you have to hold down the keys for a while (a few seconds is sufficient) - and after that the picture is automatically saved to the gadget memory or to the memory card, depending on the settings.
2. The hardware keys on the phone also allow you to take a screenshot on the phone in an alternative way. To do this, press the "Back" + "Home" keys, remembering to hold them in this position for a couple of seconds. As you have already guessed, the same screenshot icon will appear at the top of the screen. Done!
3 If you have the Android custom firmware, nothing prevents you from pressing the "ON/OFF" key which activates an additional menu. A "Screenshot" button will appear in the drop down window.
4. As for the newer Samsung models (Galaxy S8, S9, S10...), there is a palm activation for the screenshot. The setting of this function (actually it is very useful) is the following:
- Settings (this is always the beginning of the gesture control setting).
- Management (choose Palm);
- The option "Screenshot".
After the adjusted settings, the screenshot on the Android is possible by touching the screen with the palm of your hand.