It happens that you need to install some program on your computer that does not have a security certificate. Reconfigure the default program. Optimize the system. In previous versions of the operating system with this there were no particular problems. But Windows 10 is designed with enhanced security measures. Clever "operating system" just will not let install third-party programs and applications - will request administrator access. To get it, you need to know some specifics, carry out a series of sequential actions. How to get administrator rights in Windows 10? Let us find out.
How to become an administrator in Windows 10:
- Windows 10 Command Line
- "Computer Management"
- Group Policy Editor
- An account granting these rights
- the main user of the operating system
Gaining administrator rights through the command line
This application is an universal user assistant. This program will help you to become an administrator in Windows 10. Anyone can use this method. It is considered the simplest and most versatile. Here is the user procedure to become an administrator:
- Open the command line (you start the application by clicking Win+X or by right clicking on "Start" where you choose the appropriate CMD or "Command Prompt" application on the screen that appears);
- In the command line you type the phrase "net user admin /active:yes". This combination is suitable for a Russified version of Windows 10. Those who works with the classic version of this operating system must type this combination in English including the word "admin";
- Press the Enter key;
- open the "Start" icon;
- find your username (landmarks: top, left, corner);
- find the "Administrator" entry in the window that pops up.
This is it - mission accomplished. In a few clicks you have obtained root access in Windows 10. Experts draw attention to the fact that abusing administrator rights in this operating system still should not be abused. And it is better to get them for a specific purpose. After which everything should be returned to its place. For this method also, deactivating the administrator account is simple:
- call the command line application;
- in the black window type the usual expression, where at the end of it you replace "yes" by "no". "Yes" changes to "no", the administrator becomes a normal user.
How to become an administrator in Windows 10 through "Computer Management"
Another uncomplicated way to become an administrator in Windows 10 is to make the necessary changes through the "Computer Management" application. This is, in fact, what the user is striving for. The algorithm is also self-explanatory:
- press the "Start" button;
- select the "Computer Management" application in the search menu;
- activate the application;
- in the list that opens, select "Utilities", then "Local Users", then "Users", then "Administrator";
- under "Administrator" untick the "Disable Account" item;
- reconfirm the changes made.
After all the necessary manipulations have been done with the Administrator account the tick of the item "Disable Account" in the "Administrator" panel must be restored.
How to become an Administrator using Group Policy Editor for Windows 10
Group Policy Editor is used to obtain the super user rights on this operating system. However, please note that only Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise OS users can use this method. The simpler Home version does not have this feature. If there is one, everything is relatively easy too:
- Click the "Start" button;
- Enter the combination "gpedit.msc";
- find the file that opens the Group Policy Editor;
- select the line with the computer configuration;
- include Windows Configuration, then "Security Settings";
- start "Local Policies", then "Security Settings";
- open "Accounts" button, then select "Administrator" State;
- activate the account (option "Enabled");
- save the changes made.
Getting Super User rights with another account
Getting the administrator rights for your account from an account which already has these rights. This makes sense. To do this, you have to use from an account, that has superuser privileges:
- Go to "Windows Settings" (shortcut Win+I);
- select "Accounts", then "Family and other users";
- click on the desired account, then "Change account type";
- in the section that opens, select "Administrator";
- click "OK".
Getting administrator rights as a primary user of the operating system
The first account created in the operating system gets administrator rights. This is the default behavior. In order to use the rights of the first user you have to reset the existing settings. To do this:
- Hit the Windows 10 bootable USB key;
- Press the Shift+F10 key combination (Shift+Fn+F10 on some models of laptops);
- In the command line you need to type the words combination "net user admin/active:yes" for the Russian version of Windows 10 or all words in English letters for the classic version.
So, anyone can bypass security settings and get administrator rights in Windows 10. This simple manipulation is particularly easy for those who want to install some additional applications on their computer or change existing programs.
Obviously, the developers of this operating system did not just remove the administration capabilities from prominent places of Windows 10. All the same, downloading programs without the appropriate applications is fraught with viruses, can cause real damage to the entire system. Therefore, experts advise activating the administrator status only in emergencies. After that, switch to a regular user account.