Play Market - convenient online store for owners of smartphones with Android operating system. Applications, movies, music - all collected in one place and absolutely safe. But often, when you try to download the desired program or game, the message "You need to log in to your Google account" appears. Why does it appear and how to remove it, so it no longer annoys? Let's look at the possible ways.
Why is it important to fix the problem?
If you do not fix the problem you will not be able to:
- Load and install games and applications;
- Download movies, music, serials, books.
- Upgrade games and programs installed on your smartphone.
Try rebooting the phone first. If nothing changes, carry out the following steps one by one.
Remove data and clear cache
- Go to your phone settings and navigate to the "Applications and Notifications" section.
- In the new window select "Applications". Scroll down until you find "Google Play Market" (not to be confused with "Google Play Services").
- Click on the program, select "Memory" or "Storage" (item may vary depending on the phone model).
- Click "Clear Cache". Here select "Erase data" or "Reset".
- If you do not succeed in clearing the cache, please read the instructions carefully to do so.
Removing the update from the Play Store
Do not be afraid to remove the installed update. After a while the system will ask you to download it again or will do so automatically if you have set an automatic download allowance (example: automatic download within a Wi-Fi network).
Selection of steps:
- Go to "Settings" > Applications, select Google Play Store;
- Click "Turn off". A message will be displayed with the message "Disabling the built-in service may interfere with other applications". Select "Disable application" despite this warning;
- Wait until you have removed the installed update. After this operation the size of the application will be considerably reduced.
Removing/adding an account
If the message "Google Account required" has not disappeared, a more efficient way to remove the Google Account. Make a backup copy of your important data before proceeding, so you can restore it from the cloud storage. Not all the information is automatically saved.
- Go to the phone settings (application has the shape of a gear wheel) and select "Accounts" (in Samsung Galaxy - "Accounts and Archive");
- In the list of accounts that open, locate "Google";
- Click the "Trash" icon at the bottom of the screen and wait to delete the account.
- If necessary, enter your device password, pin code or picture key.
To add the account back, go to "Accounts" in "Settings" and click on "Create Account" - Google. Wait for verification and automatic download from backup. Make sure the internet is turned on, otherwise an error will appear. Then go back to the application and try downloading again.
Account management is available in the settings. Select "Google services", click on "Google Account". A page will open in front of you, from which you can navigate to the desired section. The main one regarding logging into your Google Play account is "Security". Here you can change your password, set the security code, select the identity verification method, see the list of devices, etc.
If you are asked to sign in to your Google Play account, you do so. During the account creation process, you have come up with a username and password. You have to enter them. The problem is that few people remember this data and this is why you need to recover it.
Restoring access if you do not know your password:
- Click "Forgot your password?";
- Enter the last password you entered. If you do not remember anything, select "Other way". This means you may use additional information: Account creation time, e-mail address, etc.;
- Enter the requested data and click "Next". Either receive a verification code or an email, whichever you have chosen;
- Reset your old password and set a new one. Write it down in the notepad.
Restore access if you do not know the username (login):
- Please enter phone number or additional email address;
- Please enter the first and last name you have in your account;
- Please enter the code you received to your phone or email;
- Choose the username from the list. If not, make sure that you enter the correct data and repeat the procedure once again.
Create a new account without deleting the old one
You may sign into your Google Account faster if you make a new account without deleting the old one. Select "Accounts" - "Add" - "Google" from the settings. Click on "Create" in the lower left corner.
Follow the steps below:
- Enter your first and last name, click on "Next";
- Select your date of birth and your gender;
- Select an e-mail address from those proposed by the system. If you do not like any of them, please check the "Create another Gmail address" box;
- Create a password, enter it twice. Your password should be at least 8 characters long;
- Read the agreement from the company that specifies the information that is collected about you and the purpose. If you want to change anything, select "Other Options". Click on "Accept".
- Click on "Next" and wait for an automatic authorization.
Afterwards you should go back to "Google Play" and try to download or update again. While filling out the fields. Please enter your real information in order to ensure that you do not encounter any problems when restoring.
After you have made the changes, log in to your Google Play account and proceed with the download of the necessary /files should go smoothly..